A leading independently- owned property company are searching for a qualified (or close to qualified) Commercial Surveyor to work in an extremely varied and diverse role based in South Warwickshire. This Commercial Surveyor will be responsible for servicing existing agency and valuation instructions, and also be targeted to seek new agency instructions for the acquisition and disposal of property by sale or lease. This is an opportunity to build a career with a company that can offer an excellent renumeration package, along with career progression to eventually lead the department.
- To assist the existing Commercial Partner to develop and implement appropriate Estate Management strategy to ensure that maximum benefit is derived from the client’s portfolio.
- Reviewing the performance of the portfolio and development strategy.
- Be proactive in being able to win new commercial instructions across South Warwickshire
- Contribute to the achievement of Property Management in terms of service delivery, financial performance, objectives and targets.
- Review leases in conjunction with existing portfolio.
- Negotiate and agree new leases and licences.
- Identify and negotiate lease re-gears.
- Negotiate rent reviews.
- Negotiate and settle all dilapidation claims.
- Rent collection
- To deal with all service charge matters.
- Tenant liaison.
- To ensure all correspondence is filed on the appropriate systems.
- To obtain a good knowledge of the property portfolio.
- To assist in any other property related matter as requested for by your manager.
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS or FRICS qualified)
- Knowledge of statutory requirements, RICS Codes of Practice, particularly Measuring Practice, Commercial Lease Code and Service Charge Code and regulatory requirements.
- Maintained and developed his/her professional skills through a planned training programme
- Substantial experience of working within a relevant commercial property environment
- Substantial experience of negotiating lettings leases and licences, and general estate management.
- Considerable working knowledge of current legislation relating to Property management including Landlord and Tenant and Planning.
- A high level of oral and written communication skills – ability to influence, negotiate and motivate
- The ability to analyse complex and contentious problems in a clear and concise way and identify a range of pragmatic solutions
- Proven high quality negotiating skills
- The ability to undertake appraisals and communicate proposals effectively
- The ability to work cooperatively with a broad range of internal and external contacts and groups
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Able to provide, interpret, analyse complex information
- Have a full understanding of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Full driving licence and ability to visit properties.
- Extremely competitive
- Pension scheme
For further information please call Surge Recruitment House on 0121 647 3730 or to apply submit a copy of your CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject header.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org